THE SITE WAS REDONE SOME MEMBERS WHERE LOST IF YOU CAN'T LOG IN MOST LIKELY YOU HAVE TO RE REGISTER SORRY

Thread: 1 Attachment(s) Hard Top Storage Dolly DIY??

Thanks

Default 1 Attachment(s) Hard Top Storage Dolly DIY??

I think they tell you not to store the top vertically because of the slant from top to bottom. This dolly takes the slant in consideration and supports the top and bottom where leaning the top against the wall would only support the bottom.
    I don't know much about the Unlimited top, but, if you have the vertical space, I don't see why this wouldn't work.
    I kept the window closed with a clamp. Because of the design, clamp isn't squeezing the glass closed. It's more of the glass pressing against the clamp.
    The design could be shortened from 33" to ~27". I allowed some slack because I didn't know where the top would need to be positioned. The first arms I cut were too short and I had to scrap them.
    The length of the "green" 2X4 can be altered. I used what I had and made it an even number.
    The length of the "yellow" 1X2 must be less than the width between the rear window hinges. I picked 17".
    The 26" measurement is from the resting surface on the stops to the blue 2X4.

I purchased:
    1 2X4X12
    1 2X4X8
    1 1X2
    Attached Images Attached Images